I’m a sucker for a good challenge; I’m also known to give up halfway through, sometimes it’s because I forget, other times it’s due to lack of motivation. But this year I began saying yes to things that took me out of my comfort zone and decided to try things I normally wouldn’t do.
With the new year approaching if you are anything like me, you are probably thinking of changes you want to make in 2021. With that in mind I decided to jot down small things I think would be attainable and just repeat it over the course of the year. Like I mentioned in a previous post small changes are better than bigger ones. Try something new every day and hopefully, over time they will become a habit. Some habits are become a chore over time so mix it up a bit and don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
Here are my ideas for small changes you can try for a day, a week or a month.
1. Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water.
2. Go meatless for a day. If you’re vegetarian, try going vegan for the day.
3. Have fruit as your snack option for a day.
4. Pay attention to your posture.
5. Add in a bonus 5 minutes workout.
6. Replace you second cup of coffee with a cup of herbal tea.
7. Don’t eat your food in a rush.
8. Take a selfie but don’t post it. Admire your beauty, you don’t need validation from people.
9. Avoid processed food.
10. Try meditating for 5 minutes.
11. Write down 3 things you’re grateful for today.
12. Do not eat simply because you are bored.
13. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
14. Go for a walk after dinner.
15. Write a journal entry talking about your day.
16. Pay attention to what your body is saying.
17. Avoid alcohol for a day.
18. Avoid deep-fried food.
19. Cook at home for an entire week.
20. Limit your sugar intake or avoid it all together.
21. Read 10 pages of a book everyday.
22. Try a social media detox for a week.
23. Reach out to someone you always think about but never call.
24. Try to have a no spend day.
25. Limit your screen time.
26. Practice some self-care.
27. Organize one drawer in your house.
28. Try to capture the sunset.
29. Choose a fruit for dessert.
30. Try to go bed earlier during the week.
31. Look yourself in the mirror and give yourself a compliment.
There’s no guarantee that everything will magically be perfect in the new year; but, we can do our part to make it a little better for ourselves.
Best wishes for 2021.